Southern traditions, family favorites and my new recipes.



I use what I've got. If you have confidence in basic cooking techniques, you can do anything in the kitchen.




Monday, June 13, 2011

Italian White Beans

I've been out of town for a few days and tomorrow's my birthday so I've not done a lot of cooking these past few days.  This one's for Miss Em, by request.

1 can white beans (great northern or white (kidney) cannelleni beans), drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2-3 slices of prosciutto, chopped (optional)
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper

Heat olive oil, medium-low. Add garlic and watch closely. When garlic JUST starts to take on a golden color, crank up the heat to medium-high and add the beans.  I like to give the beans a little crunch so leave them for about 3-5 minutes, add the rosemary and and stir.  Give them another 3-5, stir again.  If the garlic's looking too brown, you're done.  If the garlic's hanging in there, give the beans another few minutes.

Plate and if you have it, top with the chopped prosciutto. 

Next time I make these, I'll add a pic.  It's YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment